Jogging Tracks Around the Kolping Hostel
Running in Salzburg
Great Paths for Running
If you enjoy running you will find great paths around the Kolping Hostel. Run to the old town, through the green park or around the lake – various running tracks start right on your doorstep and can be varied to your liking. Put on your running shoes and start your exercise.
Along the River Salzach
The Kolping Hostel Salzburg is located on the Salzach riverside. A very popular cycling, walking and running track runs along the river – on both sides and in both directions.
On the left side towards the old town and on the right side to the green belt around the city towards the Salzachseen lakes and Bergheim.
Favourable hostel rooms in Salzburg from just € 47.00! Book online now and get a 3% discount!
Choose your preferred running track, for example:
- Traklsteg – Überfuhrsteg (ca. 10.2km): start in front of the Kolping House towards north and cross the Salzach on Traklsteg. Run southbound through the old town to the Überfuhrsteg.
Shorter paths lead you to the Müllner Steg, Makartsteg, Staatsbrücke, Mozartsteg or Karolinen Brücke and back:
- Kolping Hostel – Pioniersteg (ca. 2km)
- Kolping Hostel – Müllner Steg (ca. 4km)
- Kolping Hostel – Makartsteg (ca. 5km)
- Kolping Hostel – Staatsbrücke (about 5km)
- Kolping Hostel – Mozartsteg (ca. 6km)
- Kolping Hostel – Karolinen Brücke (ca. 7km)
Salzachseen Local Recreational Area
Cross the Salzach on Kraftwerkssteg or Traklsteg, continue along the River Salzach towards north. After about two kilometres you will reach the Salzachseen lakes. There you will find various long tracks around and along the lakes, partly asphalt, partly gravel and forest paths.
Find many other running tours in Salzburg on the interactive map on http://www.runmap.net.
Ask for a Quote
In order to make a reservation for a room at the Kolping Hostel Salzburg, send us a no obligation holiday enquiry! The Kolping team will immediately get back to you with an individual offer.